Tuesday, December 29, 2009

great holiday treat


So I just had something that I had to post, quite possibly my new favorite tea combination drink, its a combination of black tea and rich dark chocolate powder, it makes a very rich dark drinking chocolate experience like none other. For starters I took a bag of Tazo Awake black tea, I have to stop myself by saying that I will be getting into the joys of black tea in a few months, but I had to post this before then,  steep black tea properly for 5 minutes. Different tea types steep for different times to properly bring out the flavor, steep to long and you may get bitter tea, to short and you will loose the fullness of  its liquor (that's tea talk for the liquid of the tea),  then I added two tablespoons of Starbucks mocha powder, this is the kind that you can buy on the shelf, mixed it with just a splash of cold nonfat milk, the type milk used is always very important to the flavor outcome, the higher the fat content of the milk the richer the flavor will be, however sometimes the higher fat content can cause you to loose some of the subtle notes of some teas, just be aware.  mix them together and the dark undertones of the black tea combined with the subtle bitterness of the coco make a wonderful combination. Try your own combination of chocolate and black tea and comment on it, let me know what you think. Remember whatever you do enjoy your tea, keep clam and carry on.

In a nutshell:
  • Awake Tea steeped for 5 minutes
  • 2 tablesoons Starbucks Mocha powder
  • 1/4 cup of nonfat milk
  • Sip by a fire

2 comments:

  1. Were you inspired by Julie and Julia? Just wondering.
    Sounds like fun! I may try some of your suggestions!
    Brandi Watson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. somewhat yes, I think that it was a great idea and I feel like we all have something that we can share with others, my research on bacon however isn't ready yet so tea is where I will focus right now :)

    ReplyDelete